Espressions

Espressions

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The silence within

So many times negativity engulfs us.  We are caught in a Web of confusion and cynicism with what our surroundings tells us.  We are overshadowed by the evil might of objectivity and opinions of others. There is noise everywhere, anger everywhere, but ultimately truth prevails in silence.  Silence is that undercurrent that runs within our souls. This silence has the most powerful flow and the most profound echoes.  It is infinite.

If we just take time and reflect on the silence within, we will find many answers. What is it that makes us angry? Why are we so easily offended? Why are we imposing ourselves on others? It is insecurity I think.  Insecurity that arises out of our own fallacies, and our own shortcomings.  Noise is usually the result of being out of tune with ourselves. 

Today morning, I was walking through a busy street with my ipod plugged into my ears.  Lalgudi jayaraman sirs purvi kalyani dripped slowly into my ears and then into my soul.  For few moments I was not aware of where I was walking.  I slowly looked up and saw all the vehicles pass by, a few people talking while smoking and laughing about something, a few vendors selling something.  All this commotion seemed to blend into the music I was listening to.  The chaos suddenly felt harmonious and the whole universe seemed to me, like an alaap of Purvi Kalyani. There was a sense of bliss.  I had eliminated the noise outside and connected to the silence within through music. 

All of us have music within, we are just tuned out into noise.  If we learn to eliminate these noises and listen to the silence, the disharmony and chaos of the outside world will transform into alaaps.

Imagine a world that is nothing but music! Conflicts, yearnings and anger, melting into alaap!

That is the world I seek. 

No comments:

Post a Comment